Bucket Bunny List Of The Top 25 North America Travel Adventures
I made a ridiculously over-ambitious Bucket List as part of an insane (but wonderful) mission to experience the Top 100 Travel Adventures in the world. My wanderlust then got completely out of control as I began creating more Bucket Lists for every continent on the planet. What can I say, I’ve always been a prolific list writer. Below, you will find my carefully curated Bucket List for the Top 25 North America Travel Adventures.
Each North America Travel Adventure below is in my opinion an experience of a lifetime. As I mentioned already, I don’t have 3 lifetimes, only 1, so completing this North America Bucket List will be a collaborative effort. If we – Jetset Bunnies around the world – can tick off a handful of these travel adventures a year… life couldn’t get more awesome.
You can follow our progress and get North America Bucket List updates and other badassity by joining our newsletter. If you want to know more about North America then check out our North America Travel Guides. For the basics, top things to do, what to eat, where to stay and the Jetset Bunny North America trip planner hop directly to your country of interest: Canada, Mexico or the USA.
Now, where were we…
Top 25 North America Travel Adventures
North America travel adventures in no particular order;
Purple = Completed | Orange = Scheduled
1) Cruise the Northwest Passage, Canada – Follow the paths of legendary early Arctic explorers and see the stunning fjords of the Baffin Island coastline and Greenland’s incredible icebergs.
2) Great American Van Life – Travel around the USA in a Campervan, admiring the endless natural beauty and ever-changing landscapes while embracing life as a 21st century minimalist and “location independent” nomad.
3) Kayaking Iceberg Alley, Canada – Get as close as possible to towering icebergs on their journey down Iceberg Alley, one of the top places in the world for viewing icebergs.
4) USA Road Trip, Route 66 – Route 66 and its 2,500 miles is known as “The Mother Road.” From Chicago through the heart land of America and down to Los Angeles, ending at the Santa Monica Pier, it’s the perfect road for an epic road trip.
5) Hike Skerwink Trail, Newfoundland – The beautiful 5.3 km Skerwink Trail located near Trinity, Newfoundland is one of the best in the province for rugged coastal scenery. This moderate to difficult 5.3 km coastal trail features whales, icebergs and eagles as well as views of the communities of Trinity and Port Rexton.
6) Churchill Polar Bear Expedition, Canada – A once-in-a-lifetime Churchill wildlife adventure in the Canadian Arctic Tundra.
7) Trek Willmore Wilderness, Canada – Take a trekking adventure through one of the most remote and beautiful areas in the northern Rockies. Willmore Wilderness Park in Alberta, Canada has great adventure activities such as camping, hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking and cross-country skiing.
8) Camping at the Grand Canyon, USA – This would be spectacular, so it’s on the Bucket List!
9) Purcell Mountains Canada – Explore the Purcell Mountains of British Columbia on a Heli-Hiking adventure.
10) Raft Shubenacadie Bore, Canada – Experience the fun and excitement of the power of the highest tides in the world by rafting on the Shubenacadie River in Nova Scotia.
11) Yosemite National Park USA – In California’s Sierra Nevada mountains, Yosemite National Park is famed for its ancient sequoia trees, Tunnel View, the iconic vista of Bridalveil Fall and the granite cliffs of El Capitan and Half Dome.
12) Niagara Falls, USA – From stunning views to the roar of the rapids, since its formation 12,000 years ago, Niagara Falls has been a destination for world explorers and adventurers alike.
13) Helicopter flight over Hawaii – The famous Kilauea (one of the most active volcanoes on the planet) has been spouting rivers of lava since 1983. Get close enough to feel the heat radiating from the 500,000-year-old natural phenomenon on a Hawaii helicopter tour. Plus, see some gorgeous waterfalls too while you’re up there!
14) Climb Ancient Art, USA – Rock climbing the corkscrew summit of Ancient Art in Fisher Towers, Utah is high on the Bucket List of most adventure travelers. Just North of Utah’s adventure capital, Moab, lies Fisher Towers and hidden amongst its crumbling spires is a one of the most unique summits around, ‘Ancient Art’.
15) Admire Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA – Yellowstone National Park is a huge wilderness recreation area on a volcanic hot spot. Hike at Yellowstone for the dramatic canyons, alpine rivers, lush forests, hot springs and gushing geysers. It’s also home to hundreds of animal species, including bears, wolves, bison, elk and antelope.
16) Kalalau Trail on Kauai – One of the best hikes on Kauai, the Kalalau Trail is an 11-mile trek on the Hawaiian island of Kauai that weaves through one of the world’s most famous natural wonders, the Na Pali coast.
17) Jeep Tour Sedona, USA – Have an extreme off-road adventure in Sedona to see giant red-rock spires and the area’s most iconic rock formations while being thrown about in the back of a jeep. This is a must-do experience when visiting Sedona and the Southwest.
18) Aerobatic Thrill Flight, Las Vegas, USA – Feel the rush of flying a world-class aerobatic stunt plane for the thrill of a lifetime. Experience a high adventure aerobatic thrill ride pulling up to 8 Gs and feeling the rush of doing aerobatic moves high in the sky above Vegas!
19) Alaska Camping and Bear viewing, USA – A once in a lifetime opportunity to experience the remote wilderness of Alaska and see some bears! Camp, with a tour group, in a rare critical bear habitat in Lake Clark National Park.
20) Lake Superior Circle Tour, USA – Travel around Lake Superior by land or by lake, 350 miles long and 160 miles wide split between two countries, one province and three states. The 1200-mile Lake Superior Circle Tour is one of the world’s greatest drives.
21) Yukon mushing (dog sledding), Canada – Learn the basics of mushing and form a close relationship with your dogs before setting off. Travel by dog team through the spectacular Yukon wilderness, “Mush you huskies!.”
22) Snowshoe trek, Whistler, Canada – Enjoy the beauty of winter in Whistler on a serene walk through old growth forests on Whistler & Blackcomb Mountains, or a vigorous trek on the backcountry trails. Added bonus, Snowshoe trails are totally free!
23) Hike Zion Narrows, USA – The North Fork of the Virgin River (aka “The Zion Narrows”) is probably one of the most legendary canyons to hike in all of Zion National Park. The Zion Narrows has been rated one of the top ten hikes on Earth, and rightfully so.
24) Kayak Clayoquot Sound, Canada – Discover the wonders of the West Coast at your own pace during a customized kayaking experience in Clayoquot Sound.
25) Presidential Trail, Keystone, United States – The Presidential Trail is a half-mile loop that provides various views of the iconic Mount Rushmore National Memorial that can’t be missed.
More Travel Adventures
Inspired? Pin & Share!