Bucket Bunny List Of The Top 25 Europe Travel Adventures
I made a ridiculously over-ambitious Bucket List as part of an insane (but wonderful) mission to experience the Top 100 Travel Adventures in the world. My wanderlust then got completely out of control as I began creating more Bucket Lists for every continent on the planet. What can I say, I’ve always been a prolific list writer. Below, you will find my carefully curated Bucket List for the Top 25 Europe Travel Adventures.
Each Europe Travel Adventure below is in my opinion an experience of a lifetime. As I mentioned already, I don’t have 3 lifetimes, only 1, so completing this Europe Bucket List will be a collaborative effort. If we – Jetset Bunnies around the world – can tick off a handful of these travel adventures a year… life couldn’t get more awesome.
You can follow our progress and get Europe Bucket List updates and other badassity by joining our newsletter. If you want to know more about Europe then check out our Europe Travel Guides. For the basics, top things to do, what to eat, where to stay and the Jetset Bunny Europe trip planner hop directly to your country of interest: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.
Now, where were we…
Top 25 Europe Travel Adventures
Europe travel adventures in no particular order;
Purple = Completed | Orange = Scheduled
1) Polar Bear Expedition, Norway – Named The King of the Arctic and one of the largest carnivores in the world, there’s about 3000 Polar Bears in Svalbard archipelago and Barents Sea. You can spot them (if you’re lucky) on a Polar Bear Expedition.
2) Running With The Bulls, Spain – Running with the bulls is on most adventure travel enthusiasts Bucket Lists. This annual festival in Pamplona, Spain runs every day from July 6th-14th & is an experience of a lifetime. Just don’t get gored.
3) Arctic Circle Trail, Greenland – On the west coast of Greenland, the world’s biggest island, is one the greatest hikes in the world, the 164km/102mile long Arctic Circle Trail.
4) Kekova Island Sunken Ruins – Sea-Kayaking to see the two thousand year old ruins of a once great city, Simena, destroyed by earthquakes and submerged off Kekova Island, Turkey.
5) Transfagarasan Highway, Romania – A stunning scenic drive, also called the “the road to the clouds” and “the best driving road in the world”.
6) Hike the Camino dos Faros (Lighthouse Way) – The Camiño dos Faros is a superb coastal walk that follows the Costa del Morte (‘Coast of Death’) for 200km. Admire the cliff edges of Atlantic Europe, without doubt one of the most spectacular landscapes of Galicia (Northwest of Spain).
7) The Fairy Chimneys Of Cappadocia – These stunning rock formations are due to a geological process that began millions of years ago and have made Cappadocia one of the most beautiful adventure travel destinations in Turkey.
8) Cycle the Via Dinarica Europe (Balkans) – Soak up the abundant natural beauty and cultural diversity of the Balkans while visiting five very different countries. Beginning in Macedonia, cycle over the Dinaric Alps into Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina and finally Croatia.
9) The Laugavegur and Fimmvorduhals Trek, Iceland – One of the most impressive trails hidden in the Icelandic Highlands. The famous Laugavegur trail in Iceland is known all over the world for its scenic beauty. Enjoy hiking from Landmannalaugar to Thorsmork and up to the Fimmvorduhals Volcano eruption area. A bucket-list experience for all hiking enthusiasts!
10) Husky Safari Finland – Sled with huskies through spectacular Finnish scenery.
11) Drive The Atlantic Road, Norway – Route ‘Atlanterhavsvegen’ has been called the world’s most beautiful drive and has been voted the “Norwegian construction of the century”.
12) Oktoberfest – Join more than six million people from around the world and drink a massive amount of beer at Oktoberfest. This 16-18 day folk festival and the world’s largest Volksfest is held annually in Munich, Germany.
13) Trek the Dolomites, Italy – Almost 77 kilometers of green valleys, imposing peaks and 360 degree panoramas. Discover the most breathtaking scenery in the incredible Italian Alps. The unique Dolomites mountain area is now a UNESCO Natural World Heritage Site.
14) Snorkel in Silfra & Lava Caving, Iceland – A top Europe travel adventure that can be completed in just a day is this Reykjavik Combo. Explore a hidden underground world in Reykjavik and see the magical rock formations left behind by volcanic eruptions. Explore the dark lava tunnels and snorkel in the unique fissures of Silfra.
15) Mont Blanc Trekking – Experience the fresh air of Europe while trekking the Alps from France to Italy to Switzerland along the Tour du Mont Blanc.
16) Stay at IceHotel – A hotel made of ice and snow in the Swedish village of Jukkasjärvi, 200 km north of the Arctic Circle. Founded in 1989, it’s reborn in a new guise every winter.
17) Hike the Camino de Santiago – Spain’s most popular hiking route, the Camino de Santiago is a path marked with yellow arrows from St-Jean-Pied-de-Port in France across to Santiago de Compostela in Spain.
18) Trekking and Camping Picos De Europa, Spain – The Picos de Europa are a stunning mountain range extending for about 20 km, forming part of the Cantabrian Mountains in northern Spain.
19) Trolltunga Expedition Norway – Trolltunga is one of the most awe-inspiring cliffs in Norway, about 1,100 meters above sea level. The hike to Trolltunga, “the troll’s tongue”, in Skjeggedal is 23-27 kilometres long, with an ascent of about 900 m. It takes about 10 hours and along the way you’ll see the Ringedal dam and mountain potholes.
20) Kayaking Expedition In Croatia – Croatia is the next top kayaking destination! Croatia sea kayaking tours of the hidden Dalmatian Coast explore the rarely visited Kornati archipelago by kayak and visit three UNESCO world heritage sites
21) The Colosseum, Rome – Explore the bloody history of the Colosseum, one of Rome’s most famous and impressive structures.
22) Blue Lagoon, Iceland – National Geographic’s “25 Wonders of the World,” in 2012, the Blue Lagoon in Iceland is a place where the powers of geothermal seawater create transformational spas (and instagram accounts).
23) European Train Tour – Europe has a vast rail network spanning virtually every country, so you can reach all of Europe’s top cities and world-class sites by train. Spend a month (or two) jumping on and off Europe’s local, regional and high-speed trains like the Eurostar or TGV, or scenic speciality trains like Switzerland’s Glacier Express. Enjoy the local scenery, from rock beaches and lush vineyards to majestic mountains and quaint little villages at your leisure.
24) Road Trip The North Coast 500 Scotland – Also known as the NC500, this is a 516-mile scenic drive around the north coast of Scotland, starting and ending at Inverness Castle.
25) The Northern Lights – Iceland’s Northern Lights are one of the most spectacular natural shows on earth and can be seen from September through March on clear and crisp nights.
More Travel Adventures
Pin + Share