Bucket Bunny List Of The Top 25 Asia Travel Adventures
I made a ridiculously over-ambitious Bucket List as part of an insane (but wonderful) mission to experience the Top 100 Travel Adventures in the world. My wanderlust then got completely out of control as I began creating more Bucket Lists for every continent on the planet. What can I say, I’ve always been a prolific list writer. Below, you will find my carefully curated Bucket List for the Top 25 Asia Travel Adventures.
Will I ever attempt to rein in my insatiable wanderlust? (In order to prevent more Bucket Lists appearing on this website). Let me answer that with another question, like an annoying person. Would the people of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, who have parties to attend and places to be on a Saturday night dismount their bikes and allow themselves to be reined in? Nope! No they would not.
Each Asia Travel Adventure below is in my opinion an experience of a lifetime. As I mentioned already, I don’t have 3 lifetimes, only 1, so completing this Asia Bucket List will be a collaborative effort. If we – Jetset Bunnies around the world – can tick off a handful of these travel adventures a year… life couldn’t get more awesome.
You can follow our progress and get Asia Bucket List updates and other badassity by joining our newsletter. If you want to know more about Asia then check out our Asia Travel Guides. For the basics, top things to do, what to eat, where to stay and the Jetset Bunny Asia trip planner hop directly to your country of interest: Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand or Vietnam.
Now, where were we…
Top 25 Asia Travel Adventures
Top 25 Asia travel adventures in no particular order;
Purple = Completed | Orange = Scheduled
1) Meet Komodo Dragons – But don’t get too close! The Komodo National Park in East Nusatenggara, Indonesia, is the only place on Earth where you can have a close encounter with the legendary Komodo Dragons.
2) Taj Mahal – The Taj Mahal is the most famous building in India and an expression of love. Sitting on the south bank of the Yamuna river in Agra, it was commissioned in 1632 by the Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan, to house the tomb of his favorite wife.
4) India’s Holi Festival – Holi is a Hindu spring festival also known as the “festival of colors” and “festival of love”. You dance about and splash each other with multi-colored powder, it’s wild and wacky and must be experienced!
5) Swim with Giant Sea Turtles – Located at the “Coral Triangle”, the Philippines is known as the center of global marine biodiversity. Giant Sea Turtles are some of the most exciting animals to see during a dive. Read more about this completed Top 100 Travel Adventure here.
6) Silk Road Overland Tour – The Silk Road, or “Silk Route”, was an ancient trade route that linked China with the West, passing goods and ideas between the two great civilizations of Rome and China. Traveling the Silk Route on a slow nomadic overland trip would be an epic travel adventure.
7) Orangutan Jungle Trek – See orangutans, one of the most endangered species in the world, in their natural habitat in Bukit Lawang also know as “gateway to the mountain” in Sumatra, Indonesia.
8) Jelly Fish Lake Scuba Diving – Take a speed boat to Lake Kakaban in Indonesia to experience the peace and tranquility of being surrounded by thousands of non-stinging Jelly Fish for as far as the eye can see. A very trippy travel adventure.
9) Snow Leopard Trekking – A winter trek in the Ladakh region of India, hiking the snow-clad Himalayas and navigating the frozen pathways to spot rare and beautiful Snow Leopards in their natural habitat.
10) Swim To-Sua Ocean Trench – A huge swim hole that’s considered the best swimming pool in the world in Upolu island, Samoa.
11) Experience nomadic Kyrgyz culture (and spend a night in a yurt) – Rugged Kyrgyzstan is an adventure traveler’s dream, being over eighty percent mountainous and with some of the highest altitudes and the second largest mountain lake in the world. The Kyrgyz people descend from ancient Turkic tribes and have been nomadic cattle breeders for centuries.
12) Trek Malaysia’s Taman Negara Rainforest – At 130 million years old, the Taman Negara rainforest is the oldest in the world. Experience walking on the world’s longest canopy walkway, visiting the aborigine village, caving, fishing, camping and the epic wildlife.
13) Tiger’s Nest Monastery – Also known as ‘Paro Taktsang’, is a famous Himalayan Buddhist sacred site. Hike to this stunning temple, located in the cliffside of the upper Paro valley in Bhutan. Read more about this completed Top 100 Travel Adventure here.
14) Hike Phou Louey, Laos – Hike “Forever Mountain” and conquer the highest accessible peak in Laos while discovering endangered wildlife, remote villages, and some of the country’s most beautiful scenery on the way.
15) Cruise Halong Bay – Hạ Long Bay, in northeast Vietnam, has thousands of towering limestone islands topped by rainforests. Boat tours and sea kayaking expeditions take adventurous travelers past islands named for their shapes like Stone Dog and Teapot.
16) Camp at the Gates Of Hell – A giant fire pit in the heart of Turkmenistan’s Karakum Desert where the Darvaza Gas Crater burns ferociously. Why not camp next to the Gates of Hell… sounds toasty.
17) Cruise Down The Yangtze River, China – The Yangtze River is 6,380 km long making it the longest river in Asia and the third-longest in the world.
18) Luxury Train Tour India – Tours on luxury trains in India are an excellent way to explore the country without having to compromise on comfort. I loved train travel in India so to get onboard an ultra luxury train and tour India in style would be a truly amazing adventure.
19) Full Moon Party, Thailand – The famous all-night beach party at Hat Rin beach on the island of Ko Pha-ngan still goes on today. It may not be particularly sophisticated, but it’s worth experiencing anyway.
20) Hot Air Balloon Ride, Bagan – Take a Balloon over Bagan for an exhilarating and unique ballooning travel adventure in Myanmar, a once in a lifetime experience.
21) Angkor Wat – Visiting Cambodia’s World Heritage Site, Angkor Wat, is high on the Bucket List of most adventure travelers around the world.
22) Trek Annapurna Circuit Nepal – The Annapurna Circuit is a trek within the Annapurna mountain range of central Nepal and is known for having the best circuit food!
23) Mongolia Horse Trekking Expedition – Saddle up and view the Mongolian countryside on horseback, from the perspective of a nomad. After Riding through vast fields of wildflowers and across the Mandal Mountain, spend the night in a ger camp.
24) Island Hopping Thailand – There’s over 300 gorgeous islands in Thailand, so take your pick and get hopping! Krabi, Koh Samui and Koh Phi Phi are great islands to start on.
25) Hike The Great Wall Of China – One of the greatest sights and the longest wall in the world. The Great Wall Of China is an awe-inspiring feat of ancient defensive architecture where many battles have been fought. Lets embark on our own blister battle by hiking one of the world’s most famous landmarks. Read more about this completed Top 100 Travel Adventure here.
More Travel Adventures
Inspired? Pin & Share!